The Telethon Institute is committed to facilitating progression for its researchers along a transparent performance-based career path, as a means of developing our people, building our research capacity and, in doing so ultimately fulfill the vision of the Institute.
A suite of approaches, such as professional development workshops, leadership programs, peer support and mentoring programs, are designed to help researchers and students develop and thrive in their chosen careers and assist them in progressing along the Research Career Path.
In developing a Research Career Path policy, the Telethon Institute:
- Values and celebrates all staff and student contributions to the research capacity of the Institute;
- Will continue to increase its research capacity, productivity and excellence;
- Commits to recruiting and retaining high quality researchers and students culminating in the completion of their studies;
- Will invest in and support researchers at all levels of the Research Career Path.
There are four guiding principles for the Research Career Path policy:
- Outstanding performance is core to optimal career path progression;
- Career development is the responsibility of each and every employee;
- Career support will help researchers thrive and progress in their careers;
- Outstanding performance and contribution to the Institute goals by individuals will be rewarded.